warm standby 9i on Redhat

From: ton de w <ton_de_winter_at_yahoo.co.uk>
Date: Mon, 7 Jan 2008 14:44:09 -0800 (PST)

Have recently installed 9i on RedHat 3.8 on Intel following a recipe here:

Then created a database and attached a uni directional gateway from an application which is now populating 4 or 5 tables with data. So far so good.

Apparently some time not so soon, April, maybe this will find a home on a big Oracle cluster on Solaris.

However I am to implement some sort of redundancy er next week. Warm standby would be OK - not quite sure what warm standby might be in this context. But the gateway writer can only write to one db.

Can someone please suggest an option that might help me out?

TIA Ton Received on Mon Jan 07 2008 - 16:44:09 CST

Original text of this message