Re: steps to follow to develop applications with target db on RAC

From: joel garry <joel-garry_at_home.com>
Date: Mon, 7 Jan 2008 14:03:42 -0800 (PST)

On Jan 7, 11:31 am, "KCS" <K..._at_hotmail.it> wrote:
> Developers asked us a simple checklist to follow to build good applications
> where the target database is a 10g RAC (2 or 3 nodes).
> I remember a pair of links on this forum about this argument, but we do not
> succeed in finding them.
>
> Would it be possible for you to give us some information, about developing
> application for ?
>
> Thanx
>
> Mastino (KCS Srl)

Well of course I'm biased towards "you probably don't need RAC," but aside from what Sybrand and hpuxrac suggested, I'd add that Tom Kyte has written entire books about appropriate application design. That said, I think such a checklist could be useful, though the lists I've seen so far look to me incomplete at best. Maybe you should go through his design book with abstracting such a list in mind and post it.

There are a few hints in the RAC docs.

A bit of googling finds such things as

http://searchoracle.techtarget.com/tip/0,289483,sid41_gci1244901,00.html
http://gojko.net/2007/12/20/catalogue-of-sql-and-plsql-bad-practices-call-for-participation/
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ecNP8KBX_sc
http://www.orafaq.com/node/48
http://www.oracle.com/technology/oramag/oracle/07-sep/o57plsql.html
http://www.attackprevention.com/Application_Security/Oracle/
http://www.toadworld.com/Education/StevenFeuersteinsPLSQLExperience/tabid/153/Default.aspx
etc.

And of course, keep up with asktom and the better blogs.

jg

--
@home.com is bogus.
Squealing:  http://www.ecommercetimes.com/rsstory/61071.html?welcome=1199743218