ASMlib 2.0 - disks created are vanishing after reboot

From: sannmateo <sannmateo_at_gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 7 Jan 2008 06:04:49 -0800 (PST)

I have asmlib 2.0 installed (on Centos 5) and configured, when I .../ oracleasm createdisk VOL1 /dev/VolGroup00/u02 for 3 disks all are created as they should be. I do a listdisks and I see my disk ( VOL1 for example ). I also look in /dev/oracleasm/disks and see VOL there as well. I reboot the machine and run ../oracleasm listdisks and nothing comes up - blank! So I ../oracleasm querydisk /dev/VolGroup00/ u02 and see that it is marked as an asm disk but it will not show when ../oracleasm listdisks. I end up having to ../oracleasm createdisk each time. So my 2 questions are 1) Doesn't ../oracleasm configure set up asmlib so that these disks are mapped when you reboot? 2) Why are they showing in oracleasm querydisk but not listdisks? Any assistance would be appreciated.

Matt Received on Mon Jan 07 2008 - 08:04:49 CST

Original text of this message