Re: Response to spam

From: Martijn Tonies <m.tonies_at_upscene.removethis.com>
Date: Mon, 7 Jan 2008 09:16:51 +0100

> I know that quite often members of the group don't see the outcome of
> what some of us do to fight spam. Here's one positive outcome.

Although James replies in a positive way and I do appreciate anyone who fights spam (in a decent way ;-), this is hardly "real" spam. James posted to this group without knowing the charter, he got directed to it and replies to that ( I've done the same in the past ). Big deal. This hardly is spam.

Let me explain why: it's not "bulk", its targetted messaging.

Spam? Fight the damn "MI5" spammer who posted his tens of messages coming from different e-mail addresses all over the public newsgroups!

But the real spam is much harder to fight :-(

--
Martijn Tonies
MS SQL Server