Re: Create DB on RAC Error

From: DA Morgan <>
Date: Sun, 06 Jan 2008 09:48:24 -0800
> RHEL4) and getting the error below when using dbca to create the
> database.
> The error occurs when dbca is done creating the DB (100%). Any
> suggestions?
> PRKP-1001 : Error starting instance shwetara1 on node rac1
> CRS-1028: Dependency analysis failed because of:
> CRS-0223: Resource 'ora.shwetarac.shwetara1.inst' has placement error.
> PRKP-1001 : Error starting instance shwetara2 on node rac2
> CRS-0215: Could not start resource 'ora.shwetarac.shwetara2.inst'.
> Any suggestions?
> Thanks in Advance.

I am in complete agreement with Steve Howard. What storage vendor and what is the entry in your fstab used to mount the NFS volume?

PS: It must be a permanent NFS mount with fstab. You can not do RAC, or for that matter RMAN, using mount -t nfs....

Daniel A. Morgan
Oracle Ace Director & Instructor
Puget Sound Oracle Users Group