Re: Create DB on RAC Error

From: Steve Howard <>
Date: Sun, 6 Jan 2008 05:41:53 -0800 (PST)

On Jan 6, 7:11 am, wrote:
> We are trying to install a 2-node RAC with NFS (Oracle on
> RHEL4) and getting the error below when using dbca to create the
> database.
> The error occurs when dbca is done creating the DB (100%). Any
> suggestions?
> PRKP-1001 : Error starting instance shwetara1 on node rac1
> CRS-1028: Dependency analysis failed because of:
> CRS-0223: Resource 'ora.shwetarac.shwetara1.inst' has placement error.
> PRKP-1001 : Error starting instance shwetara2 on node rac2
> CRS-0215: Could not start resource 'ora.shwetarac.shwetara2.inst'.
> Any suggestions?
> Thanks in Advance.

NFS is always touchy unless you are using a support storage vendor ( tech_generic_linux_new.html)

If your storage is supported, I would start with cluvfy. Another thing I would try to is to stop both, and then start each individually.

$ORA_CRS_HOME/bin/crs_stop -f ora.shwetarac.shwetara1.inst $ORA_CRS_HOME/bin/crs_stop -f ora.shwetarac.shwetara2.inst

HTH, Steve Received on Sun Jan 06 2008 - 07:41:53 CST

Original text of this message