Re: Select data prior to a character in a row?

From: DP <dxpesse_at_gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 5 Jan 2008 21:43:06 -0800 (PST)

On Jan 5, 5:04 pm, Michael Austin <maus..._at_firstdbasource.com> wrote:
> Ed Prochak wrote:

> >> Thanks!!!
>
> >> I agree with you 100%. I would love to ditch this CMDB vendor, but
> >> that is not my call..  I just have to make it work!  :-)
>
> >> Dennis
>
> > Why do you have to "make it work"??   That should be the vendor's job!
> > (exactly what product/vendor is this anyway?
> >  They deserve to be tarred and feathered!)
>
> >   Ed
>
> :) most of them do deserver to be tarred and feathered.
>
> It looks like they hire kids with no experience what-so-ever and then
> wonder why in the world it doesn't work/scale/.... Just because you "can
> do it that way" doesn't mean that you should....- Hide quoted text -

These are the reporting tables,It gets worse.. The CMDB tables use longs/clobs to store data.
The report we are writing is outside of the normal web application, so the vendor would not help solve this issue.

I don't think are many vendor application that even come close to using a decent data model.
Our DBA's do spend some time on trying to get applications to perform..

I appreciate everyone's comments and help! Dennis Received on Sat Jan 05 2008 - 23:43:06 CST

Original text of this message