Re: 11g upgrade - DBUA0 instance

From: G Quesnel <dbaguy_ott_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Sat, 5 Jan 2008 10:35:09 -0800 (PST)

Just a clarification.
The PLAY instance is in good shape in 11g. All objects are valid. I was trying out Stream, to simulate an upgrade with virtually no down time

(1. WORK instance -> stream/replication -> PLAY instance , both at 10g
 2. suspend stream
 3. upgrade PLAY database instance to 11g
 4. restart stream )

And it all looks good - the DML happening in WORK during the 11g upgrade was passed on to PLAY afterward.

I am just curious as to what is this new DBUA0 instance. It probably wont be there when I reboot the server. Received on Sat Jan 05 2008 - 12:35:09 CST

Original text of this message