Re: ORA-01017 error only with qt

From: Frank van Bortel <frank.van.bortel_at_gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 04 Jan 2008 20:21:09 +0100

labrach_at_gmail.com wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm using the cx_oracle python module to access an oracle database
> It works fine but when I run within a qt environment it fails with the
> following error:
> ORA-01017: invalid username/password; logon denied
>
> The script that works:
>
> import cx_Oracle as Oracle
> import qt
> sql_query = "SELECT * FROM AC_DATATYPE"
> dbUser = ...
> dbPassword = ...
> dbHostname = ...
> dbInstance = ...
> dbPort = ...
> dbDSN = Oracle.makedsn(dbHostname, int(dbPort), dbInstance)
> #### app = qt.QApplication([])
> dbConnection =
> Oracle.connect(user=dbUser,password=dbPassword,dsn=dbDSN)
>
> The connection fails if the line
> #### app = qt.QApplication([])
> is uncommented

Not into python, but suspecting processing is serial, try to reverse the two last lines - you to try to process something without being logged on - the Oracle.connect must be doing that if everything works ok without the app = qt.... line.

--
Regards,
Frank van Bortel

Top-posting is one way to shut me up...