Re: upgrade database fro 9 to 10

From: Maxim Demenko <mdemenko_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 03 Jan 2008 13:26:18 +0100

anotnio12 schrieb:
> Hello!
>
> I am traying to upgrade database source : 9.2.0.8.0 destination :
> 10.2.0.3 with 10.2 Database Upgrade Assittant. At the end when program what
> to start upgrade i saw information :
>
> 1 - The instance version does not match the dictionary version which is
> possible when the database is not patched to the release. Execute
> catpatch.sql from source OracleHome/rdbms/admin/ before you start the
> upgrade process, to resolve this conflict.
>
> What is this catpatch? I need tu apple before upgrade?
>
> 2 - The dblinks have password in them. These passwords will be invalid after
> upgrade. Change the passwords before upgrade.
>

> Why the assitant chage password on dblinks?
>
> 3 - The default privileges, previously assigned to the CONNECT role, have
> changed. Once the upgrade process is complete, users assigned with the
> CONNECT role will only have the CREATE SESSION privilege. To provide more
> privileges, you must manually assign the required privileges to the
> users/role.
>
> This is a big problem after upgrade i need to add role connect to each user?
>

> 4 - The Upgrade Assistant has identified some INVALID objects in the source
> database. Make a note of these objects in order to compare them with the
> list of invalid objects at the end of the upgrade process.
>
> Where can i find information about this bad object to comper after upgrade?
>

> 5 - Database contains stale optimizer statistics. Refer to the 10g Upgrade
> Guide for instructions to update statistics prior to upgrading the database.
>

> What is this?
>

> Thx for help

All your questions are pretty well addressed in the Oracle Documentation   titled Upgrade Guide, so it may to appear as sensible idea to attempt to read it before try to upgrade.
Here ( as example ) the link regarding your dblinks question. http://download.oracle.com/docs/cd/B19306_01/server.102/b14238/upgrade.htm#sthref140

Best regards

Maxim Received on Thu Jan 03 2008 - 06:26:18 CST

Original text of this message