Re: programming buzz

From: shakespeare <whatsin_at_xs4all.nl>
Date: Wed, 2 Jan 2008 20:32:14 +0100

"shakespeare" <whatsin_at_xs4all.nl> schreef in bericht news:477bd682$0$85793$e4fe514c_at_news.xs4all.nl...

> "joel garry" <joel-garry_at_home.com> schreef in bericht
> On Dec 31 2007, 5:05 pm, "shakespeare" <what..._at_xs4all.nl> wrote:
>> "DA Morgan" <damor..._at_psoug.org> schreef in
>> berichtnews:1199137346.272149_at_bubbleator.drizzle.com...

>> > Wonderful. Please join me in delivering to them an appropriately
>> > worded message. If they don't clean things up lets do it.
>> > --
>> > Daniel A. Morgan
>> > Oracle Ace Director & Instructor
>> > University of Washington
>> > damor..._at_x.washington.edu (replace x with u to respond)
>> > Puget Sound Oracle Users Group
>> >www.psoug.org
>>
>> Just go to the advertised site, click on 'ads by google' and report the
>> abuse (spamming newsgroups). Did it with loads of spam like this and
>> already
>> got 1 (ONE!!!!) reply....
>>
>> Shakespeare
>
> If you have google toolbar, see
> http://help.blogger.com/bin/answer.py?answer=42517
>
> But wait, doesn't that mean the person gets paid because you went to
> his site? Damn this shit. I wonder if one can ping a flag from many
> spoofed ip's...
>
> jg
> --
> @home.com is bogus.
> ouch tinyurl.com/2gvjf7 fridgewatcher.com Human Tetris tinyurl.com/
> yq4mv9 spacesounds.com Animation v. Animator alanbecker.deviantart.com
>
> Joel,
>
> no, he does not get paid, not until someone clicks one of the ads. That's
> why these links to the ads are always in a prominent place on a web-page,
> hoping users will click them instead of reading the (mostly futile)
> content of the page itself. The text of the page is only intended to have
> Google generate related ads to the text, so the page LOOKS like it's
> offering any info about Oracle or whatsoever. Inviting visitors to click
> the links to the ads is against Google Ads regulations and can be reported
> to Google (though I wonder if they do ANYTHING with that).
> I wonder if anyone made some real money with Google ads. I here colleagues
> about having earned 1 dollar a week (and with the dollar vs the euro
> that's really peanuts). Somehow people seem to like putting ads on their
> sites, I think they're the same people with stickers on their cars.....
>
> Shakespeare

And now I should correct my statement about Google: the blog has been banned for public users, making spamming totally unattractive (no one will click a linked add anymore....)! So reporting DOES work.

Let's hop,e we find a way to. lockout "M.I, 5" .as we,ll......

Shakespeare Received on Wed Jan 02 2008 - 13:32:14 CST

Original text of this message