Re: programming buzz

From: shakespeare <whatsin_at_xs4all.nl>
Date: Wed, 2 Jan 2008 19:22:53 +0100

"joel garry" <joel-garry_at_home.com> schreef in bericht news:8b888bc0-557c-4e81-8261-7d2521e35365_at_s8g2000prg.googlegroups.com... On Dec 31 2007, 5:05 pm, "shakespeare" <what..._at_xs4all.nl> wrote:
> "DA Morgan" <damor..._at_psoug.org> schreef in
> berichtnews:1199137346.272149_at_bubbleator.drizzle.com...
>

> > joel garry wrote:

> >>http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Usenet_Death_Penalty
>
> >> Gee, who owns blogspot.com? Hit _them_ in the pocketbook.
>
> >> jg
> >> --
>
> > Wonderful. Please join me in delivering to them an appropriately
> > worded message. If they don't clean things up lets do it.
> > --
> > Daniel A. Morgan
> > Oracle Ace Director & Instructor
> > University of Washington
> > damor..._at_x.washington.edu (replace x with u to respond)
> > Puget Sound Oracle Users Group
> >www.psoug.org
>
> Just go to the advertised site, click on 'ads by google' and report the
> abuse (spamming newsgroups). Did it with loads of spam like this and
> already
> got 1 (ONE!!!!) reply....
>
> Shakespeare

If you have google toolbar, see
http://help.blogger.com/bin/answer.py?answer=42517

But wait, doesn't that mean the person gets paid because you went to his site? Damn this shit. I wonder if one can ping a flag from many spoofed ip's...

jg

--
@home.com is bogus.
ouch tinyurl.com/2gvjf7 fridgewatcher.com Human Tetris tinyurl.com/

Joel,

no, he does not get paid, not until someone clicks one of the ads. That's
why these links to the ads are always in a prominent place on a web-page,
hoping users will click them instead of reading the (mostly futile) content
of the page itself. The text of the page is only intended to have Google
generate related ads to the text, so the page LOOKS like it's offering any
info about Oracle or whatsoever. Inviting visitors to click the links to the
ads is against Google Ads regulations and can be reported to Google (though
I wonder if they do ANYTHING with that).
I wonder if anyone made some real money with Google ads. I here colleagues
about having earned 1 dollar a week (and with the dollar vs the euro that's
really peanuts). Somehow people seem to like putting ads on their sites, I
think they're the same people with stickers on their cars.....

Shakespeare