Re: irrevelant with this group but i really need help (About bringing a suit against Oracle University Turkey)

From: DA Morgan <damorgan_at_psoug.org>
Date: Tue, 01 Jan 2008 17:19:21 -0800

Bora Yuret wrote:
> Thanks for your answer,
>
> I think the problem is being an alternative for Oracle University
> Turkey educations.
> I got a warning form Oracle Turkey's lawyer that i was using Oracle
> database without license
> and i was using Oracle education courseware.
>
> But i am using Oracle Database XE for the database and using Sideris
> courseware for my educations.
>
> I also think that the problem is another thing. But i do not know
> what. They only warned me that i couldn't use
> Oracle Database for my educations. And i wondered if it was forbidden
> to use Oracle Database XE without license.
>
> the problem is about Gokhan Uguroglu, the manager of Oracle University
> Turkey.
> He doesn't allow any companies to provide Oracle educations except two
> company.
> But i do not know to whom i can complaint about him.
>
> So i decided to go to Court about this subject.
>
> Thanks for your help,
>
> Bora YURET
> HedefBilgi Bilisim Akademisi
> (www.hedefbilgi.com)
>

> On 31 Aralęk 2007, 03:48, markbtowns..._at_sbcglobal.net wrote:

>> You can definitely use XE to deliver training. It's one of the reasons
>> we provided it. I agree with Howard - I assume that the specific
>> problem that OUT is having is not with the use of XE, but with
>> something else. If it is specifically XE, then send me the relevant
>> details at my alter ego, and I will sort it out.

The question of whether someone can or can not use XE has been clearly spelled out in the wording of Oracle's XE license posted here, posted in the Informix forum, and posted on Oracle's site.

It appears that this real issue is something else entirely. Did you sign a non-compete agreement with Oracle? A simple yes or no will suffice to answer the question of what is actually going on.

--
Daniel A. Morgan
Oracle Ace Director & Instructor