Re: SQLPlus Hangs

From: Frank van Bortel <frank.van.bortel_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 27 Dec 2007 20:02:30 +0100

raghu wrote:
> When I enter the credentials in SQL Plus, it hangs. This happens both
> in the server machine (Oracle 10.2.0) and the clients. But I am able
> to login using the command prompt in the server. Tnsping works
> correctly. Nothing is logged in the alert log for the login attempt.
> Any ideas?

tnsping only checks for the listener - not whether it can connect.

> Starting up ORACLE RDBMS Version: 10.2.0.2.0.
> System parameters with non-default values:

> sga_target = 12884901888

That would be 12GB?!? On Windows?
Given the fact you state you can connect from the command line on the machine (how?!?), it should be working - just frowning eyebrows here...

> db_block_size = 16384
> __db_cache_size = 11140071424

> pga_aggregate_target = 1707081728
ditto

> Wed Dec 26 11:58:39 2007
> ORA-00130: invalid listener address '(ADDRESS=(PROTOCOL=TCP)
> (HOST=BRNORA62-vip)(PORT=1521))'

Does that say anything? vip is Virtual IP, or what?

--
Regards,
Frank van Bortel

Top-posting is one way to shut me up...