Re: problem with date in oracle 10g

From: DA Morgan <damorgan_at_psoug.org>
Date: Wed, 19 Dec 2007 08:51:08 -0800

Roberto Nenni wrote:
> <fitzjarrell_at_cox.net> ha scritto nel messaggio

>> On Dec 18, 1:30 pm, "Roberto Nenni" <rnen..._at_xeim.it> wrote:
>> Why are you trying to recreate the wheel?  The LEAST() function has
>> been around since at least 8.1.6:

> because my queries must run with Oracle, db2, SqlServer so i have to do some
> functions that work with all of them
>
> many thank in any case, i learn something today
>
> by
> roberto

Generic functionality is mediocrity.

Write a function with a single name called by the front-end and code inside that function using best practice for each back-end database.

Customers don't care about your ability to save development money at the expense of creating a mediocre product with poor performance and lousy scalability.

--
Daniel A. Morgan
Oracle Ace Director & Instructor