Re: Unable to manually create RAC database

From: Bob Jones <email_at_me.not>
Date: Tue, 18 Dec 2007 22:54:07 GMT

<sybrandb_at_hccnet.nl> wrote in message
> On Sun, 16 Dec 2007 15:21:18 -0800 (PST), trub3101 <trub3101_at_sky.com>
> wrote:
>
>>To be honest with you attempting this manual install is helping me
>>climb the RAC learning curve at a favourable rate of knots and even if
>>the manual install does not work I will have learnt a fair bit which I
>>am quite pleased about.
>
> No,
>
> it is just a waste of time.
> Today I created my first 10gR2 RAC database using dbca, in less than
> an hour.

An hour with dbca? Please for once read the thread before responding.

> If I count the clusterware installation, the ASM
> installation, and the agent installation, take another three hours.

What does it have to do with the issue of creating a database in 9i?

> The chances you have a correct RAC database using dbca straigthaway
> are 99.9 percent, if you follow the instructions carefully.
> The chances you have a correct RAC database not using dbca
> straightaway are NIL.
>
> --
> Sybrand Bakker
> Senior Oracle DBA

This is getting to be ridiculous. Your Math is so poor. No wonder your chances of creating a RAC database manually are NIL. Who do you think you are helping here by making this kind of foolish comments? Received on Tue Dec 18 2007 - 16:54:07 CST