Re: Unable to manually create RAC database

From: Frank van Bortel <frank.van.bortel_at_gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 16 Dec 2007 11:33:54 +0100

trub3101 wrote:

> The only problem I think I may then have is that the data I will be
> importing into the new database is from a 16k Blocksize database on a
> Solaris box.
> I am assuming there will be a problem with the import but perhaps
> there won't be.

No - block sizing is a physical thing per database, import/export is on a far more logical level.
One of the reasons exports are regarded as logical backups, not the "real thing".

You will not have a problem with import/export due to blocksize differences (or endianess, for that matter)

--
Regards,
Frank van Bortel

Top-posting is one way to shut me up...