Re: OEM (dbcontrol) question

From: EdStevens <quetico_man_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 14 Dec 2007 12:23:17 -0800 (PST)

On Dec 14, 10:08 am, vitalis..._at_gmail.com (Jerome Vitalis) wrote:
> EdStevens wrote:
> > Again, these settings have never been changed from the default, and we
> > only recently lost visibility to the errors within OEM.
>
> When such weirdness happens or when I get some rude unexplainable Java
> exception in the console, I just deconfigure the whole thing and reinstall
> it. It's no fun trying to track an OEM bug - and hopefullly the next OEM
> patch will take care of it for good.
> This was often a good decision. Of course that means you can afford
> dropping the current repository...
> -----
> échangez opinions et commentaires dans les forums de discussion.http://www.usenetgratuit.com/

I'm considering that. I think the only thing I'd loose from the repository is my backup schedule, and I've already considered going back to scheduling rman from cron instead. That due to a question I posted a few weeks back and found no solution -- we have to change all passwords every 60 days, and I've found no way to supply a the new password to the already scheduled backup jobs. So I have to drop and recreate them with the new host credentials. Received on Fri Dec 14 2007 - 14:23:17 CST