Question on Oracle Ent. Grid 10.2.0.2 (win32) and its agents (various platforms)

From: KCS <KCS_at_hotmail.it>
Date: Fri, 14 Dec 2007 17:36:25 +0100

We would like to install:
Oracle Enterprise Grid 10.2.0.2 on Windows (32bit) We would like to avoid to update this version to 10.2.0.4 (latest version), keeping the repository database as 10.1.

The highest release of target database to monitor with the agent (same version of course not upper) is:
Oracle 10gR2 (10.2.0.3). OS platform for databases is always the same: Linux Red Hat 4 Update 4 (64bit).

The question is:
Do you know if there are specific problems or limitations, using 10.2.0.2 Grid control with repository db 10.1, and monitoring target database 10.2.x, with 10.2.0.2 agents ? May I watch performance of target databases on my grid control ?
We fear that, we will not be able to do something, and we do not know, if we will be compelled to update the grid and the agent with the new version of oracle (11g).
We are in a "thinking" phase, we have no hardware (for the grid) to test this at the moment, and reading documentation and oracle forum, seems that it can be done without problems. Any experience with this releases situations ?

Thank you.
KCS Received on Fri Dec 14 2007 - 10:36:25 CST