Re: export multiple tables and import in a single one

From: Vincent <mortimer59_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Fri, 14 Dec 2007 03:22:03 -0800 (PST)

On 13 déc, 22:06, Frank van Bortel <frank.van.bor..._at_gmail.com> wrote:
> Vincent wrote:

> >> Then, you have another error, you are not telling us.
> >> Like ORA-00001
>
> > I don't think so (at least should not :-/) but I can't be affirmative
> > as I don't have the log when specifying ignore=y.
>
> Nonsense, specify log=... And you could have screen scraped the output,
> of course...
>
> Better yet, read up on all options in the utilities manual,
> to be found at the well known location ofhttp://tahiti.oracle.com

> >> No such statement exists; it it did, would would you suggest
> >> the replace part would do with your data?!? Right.
>
> > well, right, but I was thinking about merging data in another table
> > after import.
> > imp 1st table -> add data to a table merged_data
> > imp 2nd table -> add data to merged_data
>
> > it's what I did actually, but I added a "drop table" between each
> > import. It works, although I'm not sure it's the best solution...
>
> And where is your data after the drop table? You did something in
> between, or your data is gone.
>
> Gazzag already explained what the approach should be, so have I.
> --
> Regards,
> Frank van Bortel
>
> Top-posting is one way to shut me up...

Well, before I drop my table for new import, I append my data to another table (so I don't loose them), but it's much more simple to use option ignore=y

Thanks everyone for your help, I think I have all I need to make it work :-)
I have now the choice between two solutions: 1/ import with ignore=y (should have missed something but there's no reason for it not working)
2/ dblink

Regards, Received on Fri Dec 14 2007 - 05:22:03 CST