Re: OEM (dbcontrol) question

From: hpuxrac <johnbhurley_at_sbcglobal.net>
Date: Thu, 13 Dec 2007 05:48:31 -0800 (PST)

On Dec 12, 4:42 pm, joel garry <joel-ga..._at_home.com> wrote:

snip

> > Any else notice how large the Quest area was at Open World this year
>
> Nope, wasn't there. How large was it?

It looked to me as if it was the same size area as EMC, Sun, HP, etc.

They were giving away croaking flying Toads ... slingshot furry variety. Using speakers like Cary Millsap and Steven Feuerstein.

> Does their monitoring product still recommend rebuilding indexes?

No idea. Mladen was the one posting about their tools.

> Last I looked (granted, a long time now, but not as long as it should
> be for this sort of misapprehension), they hadn't figured out there
> might be some differences between DMT and LMT extent handling. Or at
> least the pre-sales people didn't understand it.

I would guess that many oracle sales and pre-sales rep's would have a similar conceptual gap. Received on Thu Dec 13 2007 - 07:48:31 CST