Re: export multiple tables and import in a single one

From: Vincent <mortimer59_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Thu, 13 Dec 2007 01:19:27 -0800 (PST)

On 12 déc, 20:52, Frank van Bortel <frank.van.bor..._at_gmail.com> wrote:
> Vincent wrote:
>
> > thanks for you suggestion. I tried that but th result is not as
> > expected. It effectively ignores errors but it doesn't append data to
> > my destination table :-/
>
> Then, you have another error, you are not telling us.
> Like ORA-00001

I don't think so (at least should not :-/) but I can't be affirmative as I don't have the log when specifying ignore=y.

> > It tries to create the table each time ("create table", not a "create
> > or replace table")
>
> No such statement exists; it it did, would would you suggest
> the replace part would do with your data?!? Right.

well, right, but I was thinking about merging data in another table after import.
imp 1st table -> add data to a table merged_data imp 2nd table -> add data to merged_data ...

it's what I did actually, but I added a "drop table" between each import. It works, although I'm not sure it's the best solution...

Thanks :-)