Re: export multiple tables and import in a single one

From: EdStevens <quetico_man_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 12 Dec 2007 05:39:53 -0800 (PST)

On Dec 12, 6:57 am, Vincent <mortime..._at_hotmail.com> wrote:
> On 12 déc, 12:30, one..._at_gmail.com wrote:
>
> > and i have an other method :
> > what about insert into ..as select ...?
>
> Do you mean build my result by a "select 'insert into login values('
> || field1 || ',' || field2 || ');' from user1.login" and then output
> that in a SQL file that I will execute in my destination database ?
>
> If it's the only way, I think I'll do like that but I would prefer to
> use exp / imp tools, easier to maintain afterwards than build SQL
> queries.
> Thanks.

In your source database:

create table combined_login as
select * from user1.login;

insert into combined_login (
select * from user2.login)

insert into combined_login (
select * from user2.login)

then export combined_login, import it into your target database and rename it whatever you want. Received on Wed Dec 12 2007 - 07:39:53 CST