Re: export multiple tables and import in a single one

From: Vincent <mortimer59_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Wed, 12 Dec 2007 04:44:40 -0800 (PST)

On 12 déc, 12:24, gazzag <gar..._at_jamms.org> wrote:
> On 12 Dec, 11:17, Vincent <mortime..._at_hotmail.com> wrote:
>

> > Hello,
>
> > I would like to export tables which have the same name, say "login"
> > and then import them in a single table in another database. As tables
> > have the same name and the same structure, they're owned by different
> > users. All my "login" tables have the same structure.
>
> > ex:
> > source database: user1.login, user2.login, user3.login
> > destination database: user.login
>
> > I explored two main potential solutions:
>
> > 1. create a view on a source database which is a union of select from
> > all the source tables.
> > The problem here is that exporting a view does not export results but
> > only the structure of this view. I found no way to export data as a
> > table.
>
> > 2. export all the tables with the exp parameter:
> > tables=user1.login,user2.login,user3.login
> > But while importing in the destination with fromuser=user1 touser=user
> > tables=login, the first one is created but the second import generate
> > an error because object already exists. I hoped that it would have
> > appended data to existing table but it doesn't seem to be the case...
>
> > I looked for other solutions on forums but unsuccessfully so far...
> > Did someone experience the same problem or have some way to explore ?
>
> > Thanks per advance.
>
> Use parameter IGNORE=Y. This causes object creation errors to be
> ignored.
>
> HTH
>
> -g

hi,

thanks for you suggestion. I tried that but th result is not as expected. It effectively ignores errors but it doesn't append data to my destination table :-/
It tries to create the table each time ("create table", not a "create or replace table")

I'll continue my investigation. Received on Wed Dec 12 2007 - 06:44:40 CST