Re: Can Data File be directly copied?

From: Maxim Demenko <mdemenko_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 12 Dec 2007 10:36:29 +0100

Saurabh schrieb:
> On Dec 12, 2:13 pm, one..._at_gmail.com wrote:

>> On Dec 12, 4:32 pm, Saurabh <online.sko..._at_gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>> hi,
>>> can a data file be directly copied from one server to another?
>>> import/export most trigeers are not imported, so Data file copy , can
>>> it be an alternative to import/eport?
>> you can transport tablespace

> how can a table spce be tranferred?
> do we just need to overwrite the datafile on other server?

Before you try just to overwrite datafile on other server, i encourage you to try to read the Utilities documentation at http://download.oracle.com/docs/cd/B19306_01/server.102/b14215/toc.htm If you after this reading still have specifical problems, you may want to post your detailed problem explanation, specify your Oracle environment/version and most likely you'll get kind of useful replies.

Best regards

Maxim Received on Wed Dec 12 2007 - 03:36:29 CST