Re: Straight SQL always put perform PL/SQL?

From: Yong Huang <yong321_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 10 Dec 2007 19:39:14 -0800 (PST)

On Dec 11, 10:16 am, Charles Hooper <hooperc2..._at_yahoo.com> wrote:
> A small correction to my previous closing comment. It was pointed out
> to me in a private email that Oracle does analyze a table's indexes
> when ANALYZE TABLE is used. The notes that I have collected, as well
> as the Oracle documentation confirm that this is the default behavior
> of ANALYZE TABLE. Paraphrased from "Cost-Based Oracle Fundamentals" -
>
> Charles Hooper
> IT Manager/Oracle DBA
> K&M Machine-Fabricating, Inc.

I put together some other minor differences between analyze and dbms_stats at
http://yong321.freeshell.org/oranotes/Dbms_statsThenAnalyze.txt (Sorry for the long lines. You can wrap them in browser view source.) I want to avoid duplicating well-known differences, so only less wellknown  ones are documented there.

Yong Huang Received on Mon Dec 10 2007 - 21:39:14 CST