new 11g system install with all the security warnings from oracle made me laugh

From: hpuxrac <johnbhurley_at_sbcglobal.net>
Date: Thu, 6 Dec 2007 16:03:54 -0800 (PST)

So you get 11g installed and the OEM page gives all ( well many at least ) of the warnings about granting of oracle packages that 10g had.

Then it gave a ranking or grading of compliance issues or something similar ... 92.

So why doesn't the default install give you a system that doesn't already have red flags and warnings "out of the box"? I understand that many of these "evolved up" in importance as 10x has been receiving maintenance ... so doing a new database in a 10.2.0.3 patched system doesn't surprise me as much that it comes with prebuilt in opportunities.

So why should that be any different with 11g eh? Received on Thu Dec 06 2007 - 18:03:54 CST