Re: Oracle8.1.7 snapshot refresh failed without any error message

From: <jshen.cad_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 5 Dec 2007 07:06:47 -0800 (PST)

> > There had been refresh failures before. At those failure time, I
> > cound determine refresh failure by " select job, failures, last_sec,
> > next_sec from user_jobs".
>
> Hmmm - does not sound like a stable system. Ever found
> out what causes these errors?

No. Usually it just fails, we do not keep the alert.log . To my experience, there has been 4 times of refresh failure this year.

> Well - you indicated the snapshot was out of sync (by the way, we
> all *love* the actual error codes), so there's no job to run (it ran,
> but with a user error - not job related)

In fact, there is NO error on refresh failure in alert.log . Before failure happened,
there has been several Archive failure log in alert.log, but there exist successful archive after failure log.

Those Error looks like :

Sun Dec 2 03:10:27 2007

ARC0: Beginning to archive log# 13 seq# 361643
ARC0: Failed to archive log# 13 seq# 361643
ARC0: Beginning to archive log# 15 seq# 361644
ARC0: Failed to archive log# 15 seq# 361644

> Suggest you check your time settings on the servers (best to let
> then synchronize among each others, and have one synchronize, using
> the nntp (time) protocol.
> Also, different speed, or loads may cause this - it's simply put,
> the situation where the log thinks it's ahead of time with
> the MV (that is what the error said, too).
> In many cases, dropping and recreating the MV Log tables is
> the fastest solution; take care with your next refresh - it will
> be a full (make sure you use FORCE, not FAST)

Our server time are synced to a NTP server.

regards

Joe Received on Wed Dec 05 2007 - 09:06:47 CST