Job description for Director Program Manager, permanent position with Microsoft Corporation

From: cool <sopnajith_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 4 Dec 2007 16:14:31 -0800 (PST)

Good Day, I am very pleased to be writing to you today to introduce a job opening we are aggressively recruiting for. Based on your profile that I have seen, I believe you may be qualified for the position. Would you please take a look at the job description below and tell me if you are interested. If so, please respond to this email with a WORD copy of your resume at your earliest convenience. If you are not, would you please forward this email to someone you think may be interested. That person and I would appreciate it very much

About the client:
Microsoft Corporation (NASDAQ: MSFT) (SEHK: 4338), is an American multinational computer technology corporation with 79,000 employees in 102 countries and global annual revenue of US $51.12 billion as of 2007. The Visual Studio Team System (VSTS) product groups at Microsoft's India Development Center (MS IDC) are building infrastructure and tools that allow developers to collaborate more fully in all aspects of software development lifecycle, and to drive quality upstream during the development process. Our passion is to address the huge inefficiency in the industry today noted above, by revolutionizing how products are built and verified so that they work robustly right at the time of delivery. We are building key products from the grounds up that target several constituencies for application lifecycle management like Software Testing and Lab Management as part of the world renowned Visual Studio Team Systems suit of integrated product experience. This is one of the flagship products from Microsoft's Developer Division and has already won several industry awards.

Location: Hyderabad, India
Position: Permanent

JOB TITLE: DIRECTOR PROGRAM MANAGER
We are looking for the best Group Program Manager candidate to lead the overall program management endeavor for this business - strong and experienced leaders and innovators interested in nimbly delivering value to our internal and external customers. If you are excited in playing a leading role in helping our customers build higher quality software, while driving $1 B in revenue for Microsoft, come and join our team.

RESPONSIBILITIES:
Reporting to the General Manager, you will build and manage a team of highly technical, customer-oriented and well-motivated PMs to build a long term strategy for the business, and deliver high-quality releases that fulfill the revenue potential and establish this product line as market leaders in the Application Life Cycle Management market segment. You will develop a deep understanding of our customers, both internal and external, and help build the right set of features for the future. You will evangelize our platform with customers & partners, including SIs, ISV, MS IT, and internal product groups. You will interface with executives and highly talented and technical leaders across multiple teams.

REQUIREMENTS:
1) Job requirements include a minimum of 10 years of program management and/or development experience, with at least 5 years of people management experience;
2) The ideal candidate would have 3+ years of experience in a GPM or PUM (Product Unit Manger) role.
3) Some of the other experiences we're looking for include shipping high-quality software, from concept to delivery, in a commercial software development environment; a strong development background; great management and leadership talents; a passion for working closely with customers; strong strategic thinking abilities; well-honed driving skills and detail orientation; and exceptional communication abilities.
4) A Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, engineering, or equivalent experience is preferred.
5) Broad understanding of technologies and trends for the .Net platform are preferred.
6) Strong written as well as oral communication skills and an ability to negotiate with other teams, partners and customers is required. Working and driving teams in a geo-distributed development environment involving engineering teams across multiple international geographies is a significant plus.
7) Travel - 4 Intl trips/year.

If you are interested for this challenging position, please send me your updated Word formatted resume for further process with the following information:

Work auth Status:
Availability Time frame:
Best number to Reach:
Current and Expected Salary:

Thanks and regards
Sopna Jith,
Technical Recruiter,
sopna_at_urpantech.com
www.UrpanTech.com
phone:408 245 0453.

Urpan Tech is a full fledged Executive Search and Recruiting Firm for the IT, Leadership, SAP, HR, Banking Positions. Urpan Tech is at Sunnyvale, CA and has nationwide and Global positions. We do both Retained and Contingency Searches for our clients We respect your email and Internet privacy. If you have received this e-mail in error or wish to be removed from our e-mail list, please reply to us with the word "REMOVE" in the subject line and your ID will be removed from our mailing list immediately. We apologize for any inconvenience caused. Received on Tue Dec 04 2007 - 18:14:31 CST

Original text of this message