Re: Deadly OPTIMIZER_SECURE_VIEW_MERGING=TRUE

From: Ben <benalvey_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 4 Dec 2007 11:29:57 -0800 (PST)

>if you don't have multiple schemas then it's fine.
>If you do, then watch out for tables with the
>same name in different schemas and auto sga:
>deadly combination!

Ok, you got my attention! Please give me a link to more information on this. Of course I'm using auto sga and we have about 6 schemas in our database that have tables named the same. I haven't seen any *gulp, knock on wood* updating of tables in wrong schemas. Is it only related to certain types of tables? Received on Tue Dec 04 2007 - 13:29:57 CST

Original text of this message