Job description for Principal Architect, permanent position with Microsoft Corporation

From: cool <sopnajith_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 4 Dec 2007 16:12:24 -0800 (PST)

Good Day, I am very pleased to be writing to you today to introduce a job opening we are aggressively recruiting for. Based on your profile that I have seen, I believe you may be qualified for the position. Would you please take a look at the job description below and tell me if you are interested. If so, please respond to this email with a WORD copy of your resume at your earliest convenience. If you are not, would you please forward this email to someone you think may be interested. That person and I would appreciate it very much

About the client:
Microsoft Corporation (NASDAQ: MSFT) (SEHK: 4338), is an American multinational computer technology corporation with 79,000 employees in 102 countries and global annual revenue of US $51.12 billion as of 2007. The Visual Studio Team System (VSTS) product groups at Microsoft's India Development Center (MS IDC) are building infrastructure and tools that allow developers to collaborate more fully in all aspects of software development lifecycle, and to drive quality upstream during the development process.

Location: Hyderabad, India
Position: Permanent

JOB TITLE: PRINCIPAL ARCHITECT We are looking for a highly experienced architect with excellent track record and passion for software engineering and program verification who can work across the company to build and contribute to Microsoft's bold vision for the verification and testing areas of the Application Lifecycle Management industry.

RESPONSIBILITIES:
As the Principle Architect of the Visual Studio Team Test product unit, you will be responsible for providing technical strategy, design, implementation, communication and engineering excellence leadership for industry changing architectures and solutions for a holistic way of building and verifying applications for quality. You will report to the General Manager of the business.

REQUIREMENTS:
1) Qualifications include proven experience and outstanding track record in driving products to shipment, agile release schedules, solutions architecture, implementation skills and internal and external communication.
2) Ability to set technical vision and strategy, map technology to customer needs and deliverables is a must. 3) Sound understanding of software engineering and the developer community is required along with deep knowledge of developer tools, web protocols, ASP.NET, and managed code. 4) Also required are strong written as well as oral communication skills, strong customer orientation and an ability to negotiate with other teams, partners and customers.
5) Should have at least 5-10 years of product development experience in designing, managing, and shipping high quality, customer-focused platform products.
6) A BA/BS in Computer Science or Engineering (or comparable technical discipline and business knowledge) is preferred. Working and driving teams in a geo-distributed development environment involving engineering teams across multiple international geographies is a significant plus.
7) Travel - 4 Intl trips/year.

If you are interested for this challenging position, please send me your updated Word formatted resume for further process with the following information:

Work auth Status:
Availability Time frame:
Best number to Reach:
Current and Expected Salary:

Thanks and regards
Sopna Jith,
Technical Recruiter,
sopna_at_urpantech.com
www.UrpanTech.com
phone:408 245 0453.

Urpan Tech is a full fledged Executive Search and Recruiting Firm for the IT, Leadership, SAP, HR, Banking Positions. Urpan Tech is at Sunnyvale, CA and has nationwide and Global positions. We do both Retained and Contingency Searches for our clients We respect your email and Internet privacy. If you have received this e-mail in error or wish to be removed from our e-mail list, please reply to us with the word "REMOVE" in the subject line and your ID will be removed from our mailing list immediately. We apologize for any inconvenience caused. Received on Tue Dec 04 2007 - 18:12:24 CST