Re: Oracle Linux/Virtualization Software

From: DA Morgan <damorgan_at_psoug.org>
Date: Fri, 30 Nov 2007 19:43:00 -0800

hpuxrac wrote:

> Why don't you just read the freaking comment I made in my first post
> in this thread. The fishy part ... and many of us.

I did and here is what you wrote:

11/28/2007 11:56 AM
Oracle claims their VM is 3 times as fast as anything else. Sounds pretty fishy to many of us.

11/28/2007 2:54 PM
It don't take a weatherman to know which way the wind is blowing ...

Something sounds fishy? Really? Based on what facts and figures. Post them.
And explain why the 3X claim here is more suspect than the 3X claim with respect to storage.

> Your comments in that area are pretty clear.

Nonsense. Absolute nonsense. Post the link. I have never written a nice thing about virtualization anywhere.

>> When Mr. Hurley steps forward and acknowledges that he is being negative
>> with no foundation in fact with respect to RAC on Mac I will not be so
>> fast to challenge what I perceive as just more vacuous prejudice.

> There was 1 release of oracle on Mac with no patchsets and no 10.2
> release and no 11.1 release planned.

You criticized it the minute you heard about it. Long before 10.2 was released. Would you like me to post what you wrote along with the dates? Good job of painting the target after shooting the arrow.

--
Daniel A. Morgan
Puget Sound Oracle Users Group