Re: Oracle Linux/Virtualization Software

From: DA Morgan <damorgan_at_psoug.org>
Date: Fri, 30 Nov 2007 12:09:25 -0800

Frank van Bortel wrote:

> your responses, as well as the latest change in signature,
> make your credibility lower:
> - you do not have the facts, as admitted
> - you do not know for a fact John has put VM to the test, or not

You are correct Frank.

Mr Hurley please ...

1. Have you installed it?
2. If so on what hardware and what virtualization did you perform?
3. What version of the Oracle database did you install?
4. What other virtualization product did you install on identical
hardware and run the same testing cycle? 5. Describe the testing cycle you ran
6. Post the results you received that lead you to believe that Oracle's claim is not fully truthful.

That should clear it up Frank. I should have done that in the first place.

But what led me to challenge him? His repeated nonsense about RAC on Mac for which I know he has repeatedly made claims that are unsubstantiated and unsubstantiable about how it runs. It was my team on Level 3 of Moscone Center at OOW 2005 with a 24 node RAC on Mac cluster and the benchmarks to stand behind it as an excellent platform. All of the negativity since then has been based upon Mr. Hurley's vivid, yet flawed, imagination.

When Mr. Hurley steps forward and acknowledges that he is being negative with no foundation in fact with respect to RAC on Mac I will not be so fast to challenge what I perceive as just more vacuous prejudice.

--
Daniel A. Morgan
Oracle Ace Director & Instructor