Re: ORACLE 10g EXPRESS

From: Frank van Bortel <frank.van.bortel_at_gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 30 Nov 2007 20:33:31 +0100

CHRISHA wrote:
> Hi,
> I have a number of questions regarding the installation of Oracle 10g
> Express on a pc.
> Does anybody know the processor requirements to run Oracle 10g
> Express on a Windows
> platform.

That is documented,

> The Installation Guide specifies System archtecture Intel(x86). Can
> anyone explain what this means.

which you already have found out...

Intel x86 architecture means it does not run on Intel 4004, or on Sparc, Rockwell, Motorola, Zilog, Texas Instruments, Arm and a whole bunch of other processors.

But any Intel 8086, 80186, 80286, 80386, 80486, 80586 (Pentium!) or 80686 will do, as will some other manufacturers (Crusoe). See the x86 pattern emerge?

> Finally, can you Windows XP Professional which is 32-bit on a 64-bit
> processor.

Don't you? Last 3 PC's I bought were 64 bits, and one of them runs XP. That's the game computer - serious ones use Linux.

Oh - did you know there's also 64 bits XP?

Just get it on any windows Xp machine, and see how it runs.

--
Regards,
Frank van Bortel

Top-posting is one way to shut me up...