Re: 10g tablespace % full metric

From: Chuck <skilover_nospam_at_bluebottle.com>
Date: Fri, 30 Nov 2007 15:50:25 GMT

DA Morgan wrote:

> Chuck wrote:

>> There was a change in 10g in how the tablespace % full alerts trigger
>> and get cleared. It began being handled by the DB itself instead of the
>> EM agent. Here's my question. When you set warning and critical
>> thresholds via grid control for a 10g database, shouldn't that set the
>> metrics in the DB without having to manually use the DBMS_SERVER_ALERTS
>> package? In my case it is not. I have tried running a clearstate of the
>> agent, then added a pair of thresholds for a specific tablespace, but a
>> query of DBA_THRESHOLDS does not show my changes. It just shows the
>> defaults.
>>
>> TIA.
>
> It probably is working without using DBMS_SERVER_ALERTS but you may
> well be looking at the fact that the webcache is still holding the
> original value. Try stopping and restarting the webcache.
>
> Because, as you indicate, it should.

I'm not so sure it is working. For example if I query dba_thresholds, it's only showing the defaults and not the values I've entered through grid control. In grid control I have the defauly thresholds at 85/97 but I have 101/102 set for %UNDO% to force it to ignore alerts for undo tablespaces. The warnings and alerts however are still triggering for the undo tablespace.

By flushing web cache are you referring the cache on the browser? If so it's been flushed, restarted, etc./

SQL> SELECT METRICS_NAME

  2  , WARNING_VALUE WARN_VAL
  3  , CRITICAL_VALUE CRIT_VAL
  4  , OBJECT_TYPE OBJ_TYPE
  5  , OBJECT_NAME OBJ_NAME
  6  , STATUS

  7 FROM SYS.DBA_THRESHOLDS
  8* WHERE metrics_name like '%Tablespace%'

METRICS_NAME WARN_VAL CRIT_VAL OBJ_TYPE OBJ_NAME STATUS -------------- -------- -------- ---------- --------------- ------

Tablespace Byt 0        0        TABLESPACE                 VALID
es Space Usage
Tablespace Spa 85       97       TABLESPACE                 VALID
ce Usage Received on Fri Nov 30 2007 - 09:50:25 CST