Re: nocache tables enumerations

From: <fitzjarrell_at_cox.net>
Date: Fri, 30 Nov 2007 06:33:28 -0800 (PST)

On Nov 29, 11:08 pm, Peter Teoh <htmldevelo..._at_gmail.com> wrote:
> According to:
>
> http://download-west.oracle.com/docs/cd/B19306_01/server.102/b14200/s...
>
> it is possible to declare tables that have nocache attribute, and thus
> it will not be cached into the buffer cache. Right?
>
> a. How can I enumerate all the tables that have nocache tagged
> against them? (I suspect it was "CACHE" field in the ALL_TABLES, but
> apparently it was not).
>
> b. Can I modify / toggle the nocache attribute?

Is the documentation that difficult to read? All of your questions are answered there. I shouldn't give in to your whims, but:

  1. select table_name, cache from user_tables where cache = 'N';

    And, yes, it IS the CACHE column in user_tables/all_tables/ dba_tables which lists

    information.

b. alter table <tablename> nocache;

David Fitzjarrell Received on Fri Nov 30 2007 - 08:33:28 CST