Re: Tips for migration of Records Scaling to 200 Million Rows

From: Gints Plivna <gints.plivna_at_gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 30 Nov 2007 01:31:17 -0800 (PST)

On 29 Nov., 23:47, seshan.parameswa..._at_gmail.com wrote:
> Hello Group
> Excuse the blast please. I am seeking an expert
> opinion in Migrating data from an existing Oracle RDBMS to another.
> The existing system is proprietory and can be accessed only via a JAVA
> API Interface provided.

Why such requirement? Because the old db is undocumented and noone except this Java API knows how to get reasonable data out? :) Or just to be sure that you get the right data? Or whatever another reason? Looking in your plan it seems one of the possible bottlenecks. What are data structures of the new and old db? Do they differ? Do you need to clean/modify the old data to get into new db?

Gints Plivna
http://www.gplivna.eu Received on Fri Nov 30 2007 - 03:31:17 CST