Re: please confirm something (jdbc)

From: Ramon F Herrera <ramon_at_conexus.net>
Date: Thu, 29 Nov 2007 11:16:54 -0800 (PST)

On Nov 29, 12:59 pm, Steve Wampler <swamp..._at_noao.edu> wrote:
> Ramon F Herrera wrote:
> > I tried JDBC and gave up. It's too darn slow for any non-trivial task.
> > All those layers and generality affect the performance. The same can
> > be said about ODBC.
>
> I'm curious - what are you using instead? (Or did you move off of Java
> at the same time?)
>
> --

No, I didn't move away from Java. Never will. The thing is that along the years I have been learning the (not too many!) aspects in which a 100% Java solution is not appropriate.

My solution -which works quite well, the speed improved by orders of magnitude- is to write the server side in Oracle OCI (it is available for C and C++) and the Java client makes a remote Unix request through the iNetFactory library from these folks:

    http://www.jscape.com

-Ramon Received on Thu Nov 29 2007 - 13:16:54 CST