Rebuild of indexes and 'Sweeper' referred in Ask tom site

From: nirav <shivam71_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 29 Nov 2007 06:35:04 -0800 (PST)

Hi ,

I have a question about rebuild of indexes...In Ask Tom site, Tom Kyte says that rebuild is not required in 99% of time...except in situation like 'sweepter'...but I am not getting clarity on what is the 'sweeper' term referring to. Can you please help me understand with an example.

Thanks,
Nirav Received on Thu Nov 29 2007 - 08:35:04 CST