Re: SGA

From: <fitzjarrell_at_cox.net>
Date: Thu, 29 Nov 2007 06:06:11 -0800 (PST)

On Nov 29, 7:51 am, noumian <n.nou..._at_gmail.com> wrote:
> i did
> sqlplus "/ as sysdba"
> startup
> but i had an error :
> ORA-00824: cannot set sga_target due to exixting internal settings,
> see alert log for more information
>
> in my alert log :
>
> Thu Nov 29 12:59:13 2007
> Memory Notification: Library Cache Object loaded into SGA
> Heap size 2154K exceeds notification threshold (2048K)
> Details in trace file c:\oracle\product\10.2.0\admin\sim\bdump
> \sim_s001_3888.trc
> KGL object name :XDB.XDbD/PLZ01TcHgNAgAIIegtw==
>
> Thu Nov 29 12:59:14 2007
> Memory Notification: Library Cache Object loaded into SGA
> Heap size 2201K exceeds notification threshold (2048K)
> Details in trace file c:\oracle\product\10.2.0\admin\sim\bdump
> \sim_s001_3888.trc
> KGL object name :XDB.XDZynXpO5DTv2jNMI2jLTZZA==
>
> Thu Nov 29 15:48:01 2007
> Starting background process EMN0
> EMN0 started with pid=118, OS id=3536
> Thu Nov 29 15:48:02 2007
> Shutting down instance: further logons disabled
> Thu Nov 29 15:48:02 2007
> Stopping background process CJQ0
> Thu Nov 29 15:48:02 2007
> Stopping background process QMNC
> Thu Nov 29 15:48:04 2007
> Stopping background process MMNL
> Thu Nov 29 15:48:05 2007
> Stopping background process MMON
> Thu Nov 29 15:48:06 2007
> Shutting down instance (immediate)
> License high water mark = 14
> Thu Nov 29 15:48:06 2007
> Stopping Job queue slave processes
> Thu Nov 29 15:48:06 2007
> Job queue slave processes stopped
> The value of parameter db_block_buffers is below
> the required minimum
> The new value is ((4MB * the number of cpus)/db_block_size)
> Cannot set sga_target with db_block_buffers set
> Thu Nov 29 15:52:12 2007
> Waiting for dispatcher 'D000' to shutdown
> Thu Nov 29 15:54:13 2007
> All dispatchers and shared servers shutdown
> Thu Nov 29 15:54:14 2007
> ALTER DATABASE CLOSE NORMAL
> Thu Nov 29 15:54:14 2007
> SMON: disabling tx recovery
> SMON: disabling cache recovery
> Thu Nov 29 15:54:15 2007
> Shutting down archive processes
> Archiving is disabled
> Archive process shutdown avoided: 0 active
> Thread 1 closed at log sequence 7
> Successful close of redo thread 1
> Thu Nov 29 15:54:15 2007
> Completed: ALTER DATABASE CLOSE NORMAL
> Thu Nov 29 15:54:15 2007
> ALTER DATABASE DISMOUNT
> Completed: ALTER DATABASE DISMOUNT
> ARCH: Archival disabled due to shutdown: 1089
> Shutting down archive processes
> Archiving is disabled
> Archive process shutdown avoided: 0 active
> ARCH: Archival disabled due to shutdown: 1089
> Shutting down archive processes
> Archiving is disabled
> Archive process shutdown avoided: 0 active

Which release of Windows are you using? If this is XP Home I'm not surprised at this, as Oracle hasn't certified any RDBMS server software for XP Home.

If you REALLY want an answer to your question then you'll need to provide:

It would also be nice to see your init.ora file.

David Fitzjarrell Received on Thu Nov 29 2007 - 08:06:11 CST