Re: Oracle Linux/Virtualization Software

From: DA Morgan <damorgan_at_psoug.org>
Date: Wed, 28 Nov 2007 14:18:18 -0800

hpuxrac wrote:

> Oracle claims their VM is 3 times as fast as anything else. Sounds
> pretty fishy to many of us.

But, of course, you haven't actually put it into a lab environment and checked it. Demonstrating something to be true or false requires more work than just dismissing it out of hand.

So far we've got you on record dismissing Oracle on Mac OSX without ever seeing it much less testing it.

Dismissing Oracle's Chief Security Office's briefing without attending it.

And now Oracle's VM without any hands-on experience.

Reminds me a lot of some people promoting BHCR and index rebuilds as tuning.

--
Daniel A. Morgan
Puget Sound Oracle Users Group