Re: Application Design for RAC databases

From: hpuxrac <johnbhurley_at_sbcglobal.net>
Date: Wed, 28 Nov 2007 11:43:18 -0800 (PST)

On Nov 28, 6:57 am, hams..._at_gmail.com wrote:
> Hi,
> I am looking for some information and best practices on designing
> applications to run aginst the RAC database to achive performance.
> Thanks
> Hamsa

Actually the principles for achieving performance on RAC should be very similar if not identical to writing scalable oracle applications for single instance databases. Start with Tom Kyte's latest book and read it several times. Go back to earlier Tom Kyte books ... rinse and repeat ( the shower song ).

If you know how to write scalable applications for oracle databases the RAC thing is mostly a high availability feature not so much something to design around.

Do you have an existing application that is having problems or performance anomalies currently in RAC? Received on Wed Nov 28 2007 - 13:43:18 CST