Re: Clustering, Security, Performance, Load Balance

From: Manish <>
Date: Wed, 28 Nov 2007 04:44:41 -0800 (PST)

On Nov 27, 10:54 pm, DA Morgan <> wrote:
> Manish wrote:
> > I think this question has been asked number of times. However, I am
> > looking for some specific information. Perhaps some of you can help
> > close the gap. Or perhaps you can point me towards right direction.
> > Perhaps this group can help me fill in Oracle related following
> > questions.
> > 1. Do this database have data Clustering capabilities?
> Yes.
> > 1a. If yes, what mechanism is used such as shared disk, share nothing,
> > etc.
> Shared Everything.
> > 2. Do these dB have Security features?
> Look it up yourself:
> > 2a. If yes, what security features are supported? For instance do they
> > support encryption or SSL connection?
> And much much more which you will find out if you do some research
> rather than asking others to do your work for you.
> > 3. How does the database perform and what is the criteria for the
> > performance matrix?
> Usually on stage accompanied by an Italian tenor and a single tuba.
> Your instructor really needs to learn something about the product
> before assigning this nonsense.
> > 4. Do they have inbuilt load balance capabilities?
> They or it? Either way the answer is yes.
> > I want to thank everyone for taking your time to read this
> > correspondence. I will also greatly appreciate your efforts in sharing
> > your thoughts.
> > Regards,
> > Manish
> My thought is that your instructor needs training and you need to
> learn how to do your own research. Have you heard of google? <g>
> --
> Daniel A. Morgan
> Oracle Ace Director & Instructor
> University of Washington
> (replace x with u to respond)
> Puget Sound Oracle Users

Daniel thanks for your time and effort. I think "dancing with stars" grand finale is over so we don't have to discuss their performance any more. As far as my school instructor goes I will inform him or her, whenever I get back to the school that I have mastered google, and that any homework assignments will be futile, since their solutions are readily present on the net.

FYI as you suggested, that was my first attempt.

Although while querying about this information, wealth of details can be found. I have not been able to answer get all of my answers. That's why I have requested help from our database community.

If you have any more suggestions about Oracle's performance and its matrix do write back.

Manish Received on Wed Nov 28 2007 - 06:44:41 CST

Original text of this message