Re: Clustering, Security, Performance, Load Balance

From: DA Morgan <damorgan_at_psoug.org>
Date: Tue, 27 Nov 2007 19:54:05 -0800

Manish wrote:
> I think this question has been asked number of times. However, I am
> looking for some specific information. Perhaps some of you can help
> close the gap. Or perhaps you can point me towards right direction.
>
> Perhaps this group can help me fill in Oracle related following
> questions.
>
> 1. Do this database have data Clustering capabilities?

Yes.

> 1a. If yes, what mechanism is used such as shared disk, share nothing,
> etc.

Shared Everything.

Look it up yourself: http://tahiti.oracle.com

> 2a. If yes, what security features are supported? For instance do they
> support encryption or SSL connection?

And much much more which you will find out if you do some research rather than asking others to do your work for you.

> 3. How does the database perform and what is the criteria for the
> performance matrix?

Usually on stage accompanied by an Italian tenor and a single tuba.

Your instructor really needs to learn something about the product before assigning this nonsense.

> 4. Do they have inbuilt load balance capabilities?

They or it? Either way the answer is yes.

> I want to thank everyone for taking your time to read this
> correspondence. I will also greatly appreciate your efforts in sharing
> your thoughts.
>
> Regards,
> Manish

My thought is that your instructor needs training and you need to learn how to do your own research. Have you heard of google? <g>

--
Daniel A. Morgan
Oracle Ace Director & Instructor