Re: A little problem with transfer

From: joel garry <joel-garry_at_home.com>
Date: Tue, 27 Nov 2007 16:25:34 -0800 (PST)

On Nov 27, 2:22 pm, "Marcin" <t..._at_spmat0op.pl> wrote:
> Hello
> I got a problem with Oracle (? not sure)
> We use oracle 9 on few systems (solaris, centos, fedora)
> When I am conected to the oracle (aplication or pl/sql) I have transfer
> about 100kb
> When I am conected thru NAT (cisco) or VPN (cisco or openvpn) my transefer
> from oracle is no more then 20 kb :(
> In this same time ftp transfer is about 400kb
>
> I am sure that is not cisco and line is ok (checke on few routers few lines)
>
> Do you have any sugestions?
>
> Marcin

Go to tahiti.oracle.com and search for:
troubleshooting and networking
SDU If you have access to metalink search for SDU.

You might also search this group for SDU with author Sybrand. In a nutshell, you want stuff going over the network to not be split or padded by the various network layer translations involved. The defaults used by Oracle and the other parts may not match up well.

You may find various tcp settings can be modified in different ways in your operating systems to help, too.

jg

--
@home.com is bogus.
http://www.symantec.com/enterprise/security_response/weblog/2007/11/0day_exploit_for_apple_quickti.html