Subquery in from clause

From: pal <jayadevpaleri_at_gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 26 Nov 2007 02:57:33 -0800 (PST)

	SELECT emp_master.loc_cd,
			dept_master.dept_cd,
			dept_master.dept_name,
			Substr(dept_master.dept_cd,1,2) as cmain_dept,
			desg_master.desg_name,
			emp_master.l_name,
	        settlements.other_deductions,.....,
			paywork.varern16,.....,
			location.next_pay_date,
			location.curr_dec
			FROM (select * from paywork,settlements where paywork.emp_code(+)=
settlements.emp_code),
			dept_master,
			emp_master,
			desg_master ,
			user_location,
			location;

I'm using the subquery to get the feilds from the two tables paywork and settlements,

but wen i'm excecuting it gives an error like "Invalid column".. (the columns paywork. and settlements.)

the subquery is retrieving all the feilds that i want but in I dont know how to place it in FROM clause..

can any one tell me how to write the subquery in FROM clause

thanks and regards Received on Mon Nov 26 2007 - 04:57:33 CST