Re: New Security Firm Takes on Cyber Crime

From: Unruh <unruh-spam_at_physics.ubc.ca>
Date: Sun, 25 Nov 2007 21:40:50 GMT

"]|3inary |[-]|avoc" <binaryhavoc_at_gmail.com> writes:

>New cyber security firm in Cincinnati Ohio looks to take on the world
>of cyber crime. They offer an interesting menu of solutions and boast
>as being a "leader" in a new age of cyber threats. Datahack
>Technologies states that they are the worlds answer to rising online
>threats. My question is..... is this another security firm in the
>ocean of consultants, or is this the much needed hero of the day?? By
>the looks of it I would say its the latter... I am interested in
>finding out...

>http://www.datahacktechnologies.com

No idea. Not enough info on the web page to differentiate. anyone can boast of being a leader. I doubt very much if it is "hero of the day". You have to do more research. I am made a bit wary of their statement that they do whitehat attacks on your system. That is not needed to determine the security of your system, since they presumably would have inside access. Ie, you do not have to run a bulldozer at a door to see if it is locked if you are inside and can see the lock.
It can be a tool, but only a crude one. Received on Sun Nov 25 2007 - 15:40:50 CST