Re: An issue of auditing DML operations

From: Mark D Powell <Mark.Powell_at_eds.com>
Date: Fri, 23 Nov 2007 08:36:54 -0800 (PST)

On Nov 23, 6:26 am, nirav <shiva..._at_gmail.com> wrote:
> > One of the options might be creating package with variable containing
> > your app username. For every call to database at first populate this
> > vaiable and use it in your triggers. To make easier your job (and
> > catch possible bugs :) you can use pragma serially_reusable for this
> > package, it allows to populate variables only for one call and as soon
> > as the call has finished variables are cleaned. So you won't get any
> > unnecessary legacy from previous application user.
>
> > Gints Plivnahttp://www.gplivna.eu-Hide quoted text -

> Thank you very much. From another forum, I got a suggestion and I am
> trying with client_identifier attribute of userenv context.
>
> Thanks,
> Nirav

Nirav, it would have been nice if you had posted the url to the other response you accepted.

This is a request tailor made for the Oracle provided dbms_application_info package which based on the client_identifier attribute is probably what was suggested.

HTH -- Mark D Powell -- Received on Fri Nov 23 2007 - 10:36:54 CST