Re: how can i shirnk your datafile file size?

From: Jerome Vitalis <vitalis..._at_gmail.com>
Date: 22 Nov 2007 13:43:55 GMT

Frank R. wrote:

> > What do you mean by "cleared"?
> > Which version?
> >
> > Depending on the actual contents of your datafile, issuing "alter table
> > <table_name> move;" and "alter index <index_name> rebuild;" for all your
> > tables and indexes might do the trick.

> Well, actually "alter table <tbl_name> move tablespace
> <other_tablespace>;" (and the same for the indexes).
> IIRC, if you don't include the "tablespace XXX" part in the "move"
> statement, objects are rebuilt in the same tablespace they are at that
> moment, sou you would still be unable to drop datafiles from the
> tablespace.

That's not what the OP does want.
The commands I provided should be enough (provided his tablespace has only 1 datafile and provided its contents are suitable for the move process.)

échangez opinions et commentaires dans les forums de discussion. http://www.usenetgratuit.com/ Received on Thu Nov 22 2007 - 07:43:55 CST