how can i shirnk your datafile file size?

From: Havel Zhang <havel.zhang_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 22 Nov 2007 01:17:58 -0800 (PST)

hi all:

I have a tablespace have a datafile sizing 8GB, but actually, I just using 2GB data. But when i resize that data file, oracle will return an error:
Failed to commit: ORA-03297: file contains used data beyond requested RESIZE value .

I have search the table dba_segment, and cleared all tables/indexes on that datafile, but still can not shirnk this datafile.

Can u help me?

Thank you.

Havel Received on Thu Nov 22 2007 - 03:17:58 CST